You're Still There

My next couple of posts are going to be my own psalms to God, what I'm feeling put into a creative word form. My inspiration to do this came from Morgan Harper Nichols, who is an amazing artist and poet, and David, the author of Psalms in the Bible! Morgan is so inspiring, I encourage you to look her up online!! And David's Psalms are very relatable because he pours out his heart in poetic form to God. So, without further ado, here is my psalm from April of this year called, You're Still There.

In the midst of my trials,
You're still there.

Even when I have forsaken You, or questioned my faith,
You're still there.

No matter how bad I mess up or how big of a mess I've made,
You're still there.

When I cry myself to sleep at night, questioning my existence,
You're still there.

When it feels like I'm in a dark tunnel with no way out,
You're still there.

When the weight of the world is on my shoulders and I'm feeling pressure from every side,
You're still there.

As I'm drowning in the angry, tossing waves, overwhelmed by the force of the stress,
You're still there.

Even when I can't hear Your voice or feel Your presence,
You're still there.

You will never leave me because You are faithful.
You will never leave me because You are trustworthy.
You will never leave me because You love me.

You are always with me because You are faithful.
You are always with me because You are trustworthy.
You are always with me because You love me.

Let these promises wash over you and reassure you that God's in control. He is there for you. He will never leave you; He's always by your side. When you feel like no one is there for you, and your friends don't care about your circumstances, and your parents aren't supportive and encouraging, God is your best friend and He is always there to listen when you need someone to talk to. No matter where you are, what you're doing, or what time is it, you can say anything under your breath and God will hear it. It's like talking with your best friend on the phone, except the best part is that you never have to get off the phone!! You know when you and your friend have talked for hours on the phone and your mom finally comes in and says, "It's time to get off! You've talked long enough." Well, God is always on the other side of the phone (prayer) and all you have to do is pick up the phone and say, "Hi God, I'm back. This is what's going on right now." You can talk to Him about anything! Whether you just had the best day of your life and everything is going perfect, or it's the worst day of your life and you can't stop the tears from coming, God is there to listen because He cares about you. He wants to know what you're going through, what feelings you're experiencing, and He wants to show you that no matter how you're feeling, His love for you will never change๐Ÿ’• Rest in His love today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Control

Message from Lizzy